INCA TRAIL– 04 DAYS / 03 NIGHTS
The Inca Trail offers the traveller a wonderful combination of scenery including magnificent mountains, fauna and flora, subtropical vegetation and the amazing Inca ruins. Over 220 species of orchids have been found in the Machu Picchu Historic Sanctuary, as well as flora and fauna.
This trek is spread over 4 days, the 44 km trail passes though three stunning Andean high passes where you will discover ancient archaeological sites and ruins.
The most important factor is acclimatising to the altitude. The maximum height above sea level along the trail is 4,200m, so we suggest that you spend at least 2 days in Cusco before attempting to walk the trail.
During this time you can explore the wonderful city which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
FULL ITINERARY ON PDF
- A lightweight
- Waterproof day pack with change of clothes for the whole period of the trek (must not exceed 7 kilos)
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of minus 10°c (rentable in Peru)
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothes and trekking pants (trousers)
- Layers of clothes, include thermals, for variable temperatures especially at night
- Head torch ( extra batteries)
- Camera and batteries
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses
- Pre-trek briefing with your guide
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Transport from Cusco to starting point of the trek and returns
- Entry fee tickets
- English speaking, experienced professional guide
- Comfortable tents (sleeping 2 people in a 4 person tent)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with             prior request)
- 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you're feeling                         exhausted or are ill (not INKA TRAIL)
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen             and toilet tent
- Bus tickets
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets
- Mules or horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen - 7 kilos of your personal items such as extra clothes, sleeping bag will be carried by our mules.
- Basic sleeping mattress
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
- Walking sticks (rentable)
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of minus 10°C
- First breakfast and last dinner
- Additional horses for extra personal luggage above that of the                 personal item allowance Optional up-grades (train and hotel)
- Tips for the cook ,horsemen and staff
- Alcohol o extra drinks